Theft Crime Defense
The authorities take a dim view on theft crimes even when no one was physically hurt. Whether it is charges for robbery with a firearm or shoplifting, you could be facing serious fines and severe penalties that include years in jail and other life-changing punishments. Even lesser charges can be stressful for you and your family, and it will also leave you with a criminal record that can impact your ability to work. With this in mind, it is important to speak with a knowledgeable criminal defense attorney.
With over 60 years of criminal defense experience, our firm provides a combination of experienced legal guidance and a detailed understanding of theft defense law. Our many happy clients often talk about how we tailored our legal strategy to fit the unique needs of a client’s case. Whether it is at a federal or a state level, we will fight to protect your rights in a court of law or in negotiation with the prosecution. We even bring in outside experts to help build the strongest case for the best possible outcome.
Theft Charges Can Vary
Different charges come with different punishments. The general rule is that the penalties are based on the worth of the stolen property as well as aggravating charges. Theft charges include:
- Breaking and entering: This also includes car theft.
- Forcible entry: To take possession through force or threat.
- Concealment: To fail to disclose information during a financial transaction.
- Grand larceny: To take property worth more than $500.
- Robbery: To take property through threat or intimidation.
- Possession of stolen goods: This is a felony.
- Burglary: This is an unlawful entry into the home.
- Shoplifting: Prior convictions result in more severe charges.
An attorney with detailed knowledge of the criminal law codes here in Ohio can be tremendous asset when you are fighting to reduce or dismiss charges. Well-known within the local legal community, we aggressively pursue what we perceive is a weakness in the prosecutor’s case.
Contact Us To Discuss Your Theft Charges
Call our office at 513-823-3012 to arrange a free consultation with a theft defense lawyer in Cincinnati. You can also contact us through our website.