Technology is commonplace here the in 21st century with the use of computers, the internet and devices. The legal system is catching up with cybercrimes, with the FBI, Department of Justice and other federal bureaus pressing charges based on internet or computer-based activities. Some of these involve complicated schemes by tech-savvy individuals, others include the same crime using the digitae medium.
At Arenstein & Gallagher, we handle a wide range of cyber-based criminal defense issues. This is an emerging field of law and sometimes clients may not even understand the ramifications of their actions. Regardless of the issue, we will sit down and listen to your side of the story. While we have more than 60 years of combined criminal defense experience at both state and federal courtrooms; we can bring in our own tech experts to help gather evidence that can ultimately help us build a strong defense.
Typical Internet Crimes We Handle
A wide range of issues that fall under internet crime:
- Computer hacking: This includes attempting to access computers and computer systems for reasons of financial gain, theft of information or fraud.
- Phishing: This is the act of illegally gathering important confidential information such as credit card numbers, login codes and passwords.
- Cyberbullying: This well-publicized issue sometimes involves those (such as minors) who may be unaware of the laws and implications.
- Child pornography: The Department of Justice will aggressively pursue anyone accused of this crime.
- Preying on minors: Considered a sex crime, this includes child sexual solicitation or to coerce minors in some way.
These Are Serious Crimes
Internet or computer-based or cyber crimes are generally federal crimes where penalties can include jail and substantial fines. An individual also faces additional challenges due to the nature of the accusations. As seasoned criminal defense attorneys who work at the federal level, we are Cincinnati internet crimes lawyers who can help ensure that your rights are protected under the law. We also believe that it is always best to quickly and aggressively defend yourself or a loved one against all charges because public opinion can quickly render a guilty verdict before the case is even tried.
Schedule An Appointment Today To Discuss Your Case
We serve Cincinnati and the surrounding communities of Ohio. Contact us through our website’s Contact page or call 513-823-3012.